The Negros Chronicle

The online community of the leading newspaper in Oriental Negros

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Dear Old Silliman U

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boybisaya

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Dear Old Silliman U   Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:19 pm

I have missed dear old Silliman having graduated more than a decade ago. Hope about it guys and gals how about posting your wonderful memories of Silliman U. I really miss the Founder's Day celebrations specially the colorful booths in front of the Main Library...that was fun Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josephen

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:08 pm

Hallo boybisaya. I believe you are based outside the Philippines. I miss SU, too! Especially Scheide Farm - the nice smell of it!

Anyway, I noticed that you posted your message on June 12. Where I am basing now we had an Independence Picnic. Filipinos organise it every year; never been there, though.

So which class were you in?

Aggies '99,
Josephen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boybisaya

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:20 am

Hi Josephen!! The irony is that I'm still based here in the Philippines but now living in Manila but I did grow up in Dumaguete. I still visit Silliman once a year but I see unfamiliar faces. I guess leaving the halls of the college of engineering 10 years ago could be the reason (BSME '89). Just passing time along the corridors of Luce Auditiorium was also very memorable.
I only we could turn back the clock and relive those moments... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josephen

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:10 am

boybisaya wrote:

...The irony is that I'm still based here in the Philippines...

Yes, was a little bit late to notice your location. I was not looking at it when I posted my message. I was thinking, 'this bisaya could be a Seaman or something'. If my guess is right, you may want to pass by if you happen to be at Rotterdam.

So you are not only a 'bisaya' but also a 'tagalog' now - bisayangtagalog or tagalogngabisaya Very Happy

I was home during the Buglasan Festival 2006. Did join with the SU Mavericks a little bit. I was a visitor myself. As an Agronomy major, I (and I think the rest of us Agron) never engaged myself with the Animal Science activities. But then I realised I missed a lot. We, agronomy majors, are the 'individualistic' types while the animal science always have that 'brotherhood/sisterhood' sense of contact. The warm togetherness I envy from them.

But it was never too late to engage with the Animal Sciece majors. I hope that I will be joining them during my next homecoming.

Pista baya sa amo last 13 (Sibulan). We still have left-overs from the fiesta...in case you happen to pass by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boybisaya

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:12 pm

Yep. You're darn right BisayangTagalog fits the description pero always proud to ba a bisaya and of course also proud to be a Sillimanian. Studied there for 16 yrs (kinder to college) and so far I'm doing great in my field but not in eng'g but in IT. I'll be in Dumaguete next week and I'm very thrilled and excited, and going home will never be complete w/o a visit to Silliman. I also used to go to Sibulan for the town Fiesta pero that was also decades ago... cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
=louise=

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:09 pm

well, i guess silliman u. is so special. that you really miss it so much! but just so you know, i don't miss silliman , maybe its because i'm still roaming the halls of su. But the funny fact is, we hate the school when we are still in there. but once you get out you'll miss it like helL! isn't it stupid and funny in the same time? lol! alien
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josephen

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:28 am

=louise= wrote:
... But the funny fact is, we hate the school when we are still in there. but once you get out you'll miss it like helL! isn't it stupid and funny in the same time?

My dear Louise,

The 'stupid and funny' thing about it is that this is NOT my case.

Hope you leave the Halls of SU without that 'hate' feeling of yours.

Good luck,
Josephen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boybisaya

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:07 pm

Yes louise I do understand you sentiments, but life in the campus is far better than life in the corporate world, its always dog eats dog type of competition in the corporate environment. So always make the most of your campus life since it only happens once in a lifetime (for most of us) so that when you look back it will always bring pleasant memories, and a smile on your pretty face...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shakoy

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:25 am

good day everyone, (luise,boybisaya, josephen),

its nice to hear you guys missing your old school, SU was once my school,luckily didnt finish my EE. anyway idid enjoy my stay in SU.

dgte is really a nice place to stay, no doubt about it, but not a very good place to go for jobs, that is why most of us go out to look for greener pasture.

Miss josephen, do you happen to know miss Rinley Dizon during your college days in agriculture or Lamerto Rosalem?

hope we can invite some other bisaya to start posting here..

hear you guys,,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lady_bird

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:56 am

Are you looking for Rinley Dizon @Shakoy?If she is the Rinley Dizon of Aldecoa St Daro,her sister is Rachel ,bros is Richard and Roy,then you are refering to my cousin,partly tanjayanun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josephen

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:21 am

Hoy, syakoy! I am not sure, pero unsa sila year sa Aggies? Year 1999 man ko.

Na-a 'Merto' sa una sa ako time, pero I am not sure kon usa ra ba to sila ni 'Lamerto'.

Whoopi ako ngalan sa SU. Kon mo mention ka ug josephen, walay na ka ila nako.

josephen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:15 pm

lady_bird wrote:
Are you looking for Rinley Dizon @Shakoy?If she is the Rinley Dizon of Aldecoa St Daro,her sister is Rachel ,bros is Richard and Roy,then you are referring to my cousin,partly tanjayanun.

lady bird, im not looking because they are my aunties and uncle but the dont have brother called roy, its Roel, Regie and Richard, i think nang ritchel is still in CBEA.

Lady_bird where are you working right now? lastname? coz ill try to tell them that ive met a cousin of theirs in this forum.

i did mention the name of rinley to miss josephen because she was an aggeis before, partly on that same year she mentioned.

mis josephen, i'll try to ask them if they are familiar with your nickname,WHOOPIE

kindly invite some more bloggers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lady_bird

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:47 pm

Shakoy,sorry muddled lang ko.'Roy' is the sangud between auntie elvie and mama,hahaha.Yeah si Roel,geee kadugay na man gung wala mi ka bisita nila.I have lived there long time while skwela pa ko sauna. Aunties nimo sila si Rachel ug Rinley ,unsa dong shakoy sa side ni uncle Boy ?Mo pm ko nimo ha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:07 pm

lady_bird wrote:
Shakoy,sorry muddled lang ko.'Roy' is the sangud between auntie elvie and mama,hahaha.Yeah si Roel,geee kadugay na man gung wala mi ka bisita nila.I have lived there long time while skwela pa ko sauna. Aunties nimo sila si Rachel ug Rinley ,unsa dong shakoy sa side ni uncle Boy ?Mo pm ko nimo ha.

i sent you PM.

side ko ni lolo boy, the house that is just beside their house..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lady_bird

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:06 pm

Muba shakoy ,stelan small world ra gyud .Musta na sila didtu?Naa koy pm balos tan-awa lang.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:21 am

lady_bird,

sent you PM.

what a small world, they are all fine, even though theres no other way to go but getting older everyday, lola vera is goin her way...

i was not able to finish in SU, because i was to good to be true, hehehe i did miss the environment even if i was still in dgte at that time studying and working, SU was totally a different school, i did try to compare it with Saint PAul university Tuguegarao where i did my master studies,and other colleges i went, SU was unique in many sense.

good for you, stable in UK right now...

for us the wheel is still turning,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lady_bird

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:54 pm

Thanks for the updates about them shakoy ,seems so long since I saw auntie Elvie. It's fine here in uk but as I said there's no place like home,balik ra gihapon ta ani.

Life goes on where ever we are ,just making the best out of .Can't wait to come back.

It's true Silliman is unique,with its unique campus, and one of the aspects I liked was it has no enforced student uniform dress code.Anyone can wear what they like .During my days it was safe there,but not sure now which is a big change.Despite of all the news that bring alarming signals, better be aware and be safe .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:24 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lady_bird

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:20 am

Nice reminder of Silliman by the sea. Thanks for sharing shakoy. Mangukay nya ko dri sa kaban ug old pics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dgtegirl

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:25 am

boybisaya wrote:
Yes louise I do understand you sentiments, but life in the campus is far better than life in the corporate world, its always dog eats dog type of competition in the corporate environment. So always make the most of your campus life since it only happens once in a lifetime (for most of us) so that when you look back it will always bring pleasant memories, and a smile on your pretty face...

I totally agree, boy!! High school or college campus life should be treasured because these are among the best years of people's lives, with some exceptions, of course! Personally, my Silliman experience were awesome...best teachers, best friends, best founder's day celebrations, best learning experience..yes, best memories for campus life!! I must be nostalgic having 2 oil paintings of Silliman in my house here in Texas.
Shakoy, the pic you posted is exactly the image of one of my paintings and the other one is Silliman portals by the sea with a tartanilla outside the gate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etrainstation.com/
shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:21 am

kumusta sa tanan,

dgtegirl, basin pwede nimo pa post diri na usa ka painting diri, para pud naa ta matan-aw tan-aw, kana ako gipost diha, pinangahuy lang nako na sa internet, hiih

cheer everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dgtegirl

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:40 pm

shakoy wrote:
kumusta sa tanan,

dgtegirl, basin pwede nimo pa post diri na usa ka painting diri, para pud naa ta matan-aw tan-aw, kana ako gipost diha, pinangahuy lang nako na sa internet, hiih

cheer everyone!

Ako usa pictucharan akong mga paintings and then upload sa photobucket, ok? Give me a few days...ty!
Back to top Go down
shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:01 am

dgtegirl wrote:
shakoy wrote:
kumusta sa tanan,

cheer everyone!

Ako usa pictucharan akong mga paintings and then upload sa photobucket, ok? Give me a few days...ty!

request ra baya na ako miss dgtegirl, wala baya tikaw padali dalia,hiihhihih, the people here can wait.

thanks nya sa pics,, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dgtegirl

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:57 pm

Understand...unya gi dala pod sa akong bana ag kamera didto sa Arkansas...mo abot na to ugma!
Back to top Go down
shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Old Silliman U   Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:58 pm

kumusta sa tanan,

asa naman tawun mo, magparamdam naman kayo,hihihihi

dgtegirl, kumusta?

bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile