The Negros Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Negros Chronicle

The online community of the leading newspaper in Oriental Negros

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanter Computer Programmer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
booger

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Wanter Computer Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Wanter Computer Programmer   Wanter Computer Programmer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 7:22 pm

RPRP Ventures Management & Development Corporation
needs the following:
computer Porgrammer
Marketing / Sales Representative
Customer Service Representatives
Technical Support Representatives
Bookeeper / Accounting Clerks
Qualifications:
College graduate not more than 30 years old
Good moral character
Email your applicationst to rvmdc@yahoo.com.ph
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Wanter Computer Programmer   Wanter Computer Programmer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 2:01 pm

booger wrote:
needs the following:
computer Porgrammer
Qualifications:
Good moral character

booger, pwede ask ug unsay business background ani RPRP? ka tsada baya kay daghan sila gipangita na applicant for sure dgte graduates can fill-in in this position.

Smile
Back to top Go down
pickled_newt

pickled_newt

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Wanter Computer Programmer   Wanter Computer Programmer Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:24 am

booger wrote:
needs the following:
computer Porgrammer
Qualifications:
Good moral character

Booger bai,this is not against you personally.But as what i have noticed since then across the Philippines regarding job ads ,there is this chronic discriminating practice against older people regarding job oppurtunities .Most jobs are readily offered only to new grads or the young ones ,from top to low end jobs .WHY? WHAT'S WRONG WITH OLDER PEOPLE ? Older people have more likely the experience and stability in life to make better decisions in par as the younger ones . Young ones can suddenly change plans,marry ,move places etc. Sadly this older age group of people are being prejudiced against and obviously many are denied of the oppurtunities of employment,because of age preference in favour for the young ones. Here in Britain age discrimination in employment settings is an illegal practice and is punishable by law. However, this is the Philippines and not UK ,so what ? Many may contest against this line ? But take note, as everyone ages on, and jobs can be unsteady,employment can't always be for life. Any middle age filipinos don't want to fall into the same shoe being unemployable despite of their qualifications but because if their age difference or had gone past 40 or more employment prospects is hard for many,due to the rotten discrimination practice against older people.This should be stopped!

This is one of the important issues I hope sometime someone with good sense of fairness and judgement can look into , or any pressure groups to put this into the spotlight for everyone's attention and clamour for change,hopefully in the long term there will be a law which will make this practice of bigotry illegal .
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Wanter Computer Programmer   Wanter Computer Programmer Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:51 pm

pickled_newt,

WELL SAID...i seconded
Back to top Go down
pickled_newt

pickled_newt

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Wanter Computer Programmer   Wanter Computer Programmer Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 5:50 pm

shakoy wrote:
pickled_newt,

WELL SAID...i seconded

lagi bai shakoy ,mao ni naka pait dris atua. affraid
Back to top Go down
booger

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Discriminating the aged   Wanter Computer Programmer Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 9:16 pm

Hi Pickled_newt. You have a point. Let me give my view on why there seems to be a discrimination against older people in matters of hiring, specially in the Phliipines. Part of it I think is cultural. I observe that when the U.S based call centers were sprouting, not a few were surprised when the call centers said that they are interested in hiring older people too. The general culture or perception here is that it is usual, if not better to hire fresh graduates. (The HR people can better explain this).
But what I know is that companies in the Philippines prefer fresh graduates because:
1) More often than not, they are single. Companies frown at hiring married people because they entail a lot of company benefits and resources. Example are maternity, paternity leaves and benefits. Since married people have bigger needs, they are prone to incur higher loans from the companies they work for. In short, I think there is a perception among companies that hiring older people would be more expensive. That is the reason that uso ang "early retirement" offers sa Philippines, precisely because it is costly to the companies. Early retirement is actually a company's subtle way of saying "You're too old pal, take a hike"
2) There is a view apparently that older people have other priorities, and pursuits in life and may be less concentrated in work, other than fresh graduates who have nothing better to do than focus on learning from their news jobs.
3) I hate to say this, but I am saying this in all honesty and from experience, there is a saying that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks. From my experience, older people are less flexible and adaptable to the work than fresh grads who will abosrb and follow what you tell them since they have yet no experience. I don't know if this is culture, or just plain practicability.
If you ask me personally, age has never been a factor in hiring. The secretary we just hired in our office is just about my age, and yes, he's male, not female.
Age and gender had never been a factor in that hire. For me, as long as he or she gets the job done, no problem.
In the end I agree that there should be no discrimination.
But what the heck. When hiring, human resources personnel already have an idea of who and what they prefer to hire for a particuarly position. They just won't reveal it and would just prefer to be quiet by claiming they fully observe equal opportunities. Hypocritical? Your guess is as good as mine.
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Wanter Computer Programmer   Wanter Computer Programmer Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 11:09 am

booger,

1, 2 and 3, are all true...
Back to top Go down
tagahibaiyo

tagahibaiyo

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: hehehe   Wanter Computer Programmer Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:25 pm

maaung adlaw mga negrosanon!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tagahibaiyo.bisdak.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanter Computer Programmer   Wanter Computer Programmer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanter Computer Programmer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Negros Chronicle :: The Negros Chronicle forum :: Jobs-
Jump to: