The Negros Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Negros Chronicle

The online community of the leading newspaper in Oriental Negros

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

survey

Go down 
+2
lady_bird
=louise=
6 posters
AuthorMessage
=louise=

=louise=

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-06-22

survey Empty
PostSubject: survey   survey Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 6:45 am

what do you think is the number 1 problem of youth in dgte city?

1. drugs

2. alcohol

3. smoking

4. premarital sex/ teenage sex

5. peer pressure
Back to top Go down
lady_bird

lady_bird

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-17

survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: survey   survey Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 9:50 pm

can't be sure which is number 1 of those mentioned, but I'll pick rather all of the above. Shocked

lol!
Back to top Go down
boybisaya

boybisaya

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-11

survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: survey   survey Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 7:22 pm

I stopped being a resident of Dumaguete 15 yrs ago but I do visit regularly and keep updates from friends and the local papers. I would say the number 1 problem is drugs. Every day there's always a person caught either using or selling. I think its because its very accessible... affraid
Back to top Go down
lady_bird

lady_bird

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-17

survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: survey   survey Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 3:44 am

Speaking of drugs,why do the police only focus over picking on small drug peddlers,who sell their souls as the last ditch out of life's sheer desperation and poverty to feed their mouths . Why not have major drug busting operation targeting the BIG TOADS in dumaguete once and for all ,shoot to kill ,that's it, whoever poses such a threat to anyone.

Easy said than done. But over the years, I heard about these few big toads in Dgte suspecting of supplying drugs, not any of them investigated ,even the media perhaps feels the shivers , scared of covering stories about them,because it would mean exposing their lives to such degree of danger ,touching the untouchables,it's a NO NO.This is where our trusted authorities ,law enforcers should come in.Where are they? Catching small toads,ok,easy job.Are the authorities pockets filled up overflowing , with their mouths zipped up too and turning a blind eye, ignoring what is going on , pretend never heard of the big names ? Such a shame,they are holding public service and trust,only to fail the people! There must be someone behind all these ,someone who knows WHO'S WHO in Dgte drug world!The RICH together with some police connections ,other top level authorities ? Might be so ,making these drug lords whatever you call them invisible and invincible ,and continuously making a fortune out of people's misery .You can't see their names in the papers, but can hear their names from soft whispers in the air.

The local government of Dgte and the police authorities should make a firm stand to their responsibilities to the people against these evils.Otherwise ,we all will be facing the dreadful consequences of a rotting society out of few people's mistakes , apathy , malfunction and chronic incompetence to battle these existing hard realities of our times.
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2007-06-29

survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: survey   survey Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:54 pm

i'll vote for peer pressure, it may be hard to detect but i guess one of the root cause.

my 1 cent
Back to top Go down
kewl:)

kewl:)

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-07-19

survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: survey   survey Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 4:17 am

1. drugs

2. alcohol

3. smoking

5. peer pressure

All of them. These goes with another. It interlinks with each other. But the solution to this problem is not as easy as it is. These takes to the family first, and then school and then to the environment. These are the influences. I am no expert to this but these are real problems in the streets. Probably there are some mitigations needed to lessen the impact but we cannot totally wipe this out.
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2007-06-29

survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: survey   survey Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 11:46 am

kewl:) wrote:

1. drugs

2. alcohol

3. smoking

5. peer pressure

All of them. These goes with another. It interlinks with each other. But the solution to this problem is not as easy as it is. These takes to the family first, and then school and then to the environment. These are the influences. I am no expert to this but these are real problems in the streets. Probably there are some mitigations needed to lessen the impact but we cannot totally wipe this out.

hmmmmmm cheers bounce bounce butar nasad ko ani imo sulti kewl
Back to top Go down
Shakatak

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-07-28

survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: survey   survey Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 10:08 am

Kung ako'y pangutan-on #1 ug #5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

survey Empty
PostSubject: Re: survey   survey Icon_minitime