The Negros Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Negros Chronicle

The online community of the leading newspaper in Oriental Negros

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes.

Go down 
+6
Shakatak
jazmine
kewl:)
pickled_newt
shakoy
lady_bird
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kojak

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-27

Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Much to do about nothing   Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:35 am

Guess I am the only one who feels this is not only fair.....but necessary
If everyone were charged P 100 .....local natives would not be able to afford to visit their own countries scenic wonders... they have trouble keeping food on their table.... much less pay P 100 to visit their own scenic wonders
If everyone were charged just P 10 there would not be enough money to pay the gate guard much less the other employees

Is it fair.... NO, guess not..... is it only practiced in the Philippines.....NO.... the writers own country....charges tourists $25 to visit Ayers rock while letting local natives in for free
Every nation in the world has situations like this..... it is done everywhere..... Everyone will be charged one rate....but a bus load of children will be charged a different rate..... Out of state students are routinely charged a higher tuition than "in-state" students at state universities and colleges.... discrimination in user fees is EVERYWHERE....in every country.... Nothing unusual or illegal

It is just a manner of thinking.... After you pay the P 100 to go in.....consider the extra P 90 a TIP in appreciation for being able to enjoy and help maintain this beautiful scenic wonder.... and the local natives can consider the -P 90 as a discount for being lucky enough to be born here... a privilege of citizenship

There are injustices here in the Philippines..... but this is NOT a big deal....

Back to top Go down
Kojak

PostSubject: Re: Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes.   Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 7:45 pm

So the suggestion is.....To charge everyone one low price and have a donation box for maintenance

Let me ask you a question..... What is no one donates?..... employees can not work on maintaining twin lakes based on the "hope" someone will donate enough to pay their salary......

This is not a solution it s a joke....
Back to top Go down
johndeere

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes.   Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:05 pm

maypa magpa entrance na sila para ma maintain sa mga empleyado ilang attraction. kay kung self sufficient na sila then dili na sila mangayo og donation.
dapat pareho ra og entrance fee para sa tanan.
Back to top Go down
SwissAlps

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-22

PostSubject: What's this all about?   Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:22 am

I am sorry, but to complain as a foreigner if I have to pay 10 or 100 PHP for entrance fee I must be a real bum. It is very shameful to be confronted with statements like that. No Embarassed

Me living in a mountain ressort of Switzerland enjoying as well cheaper tickets for the skiing and cable cars. Otherwise we would as families not be able to afford to go there.

It is not only in the Philippines like that. It is all over the world. Hope that those foreigners complaining will pay their share to see the beauties of the Philippines, they were able to afford 50'000 PHP for the ticket to fly there so why not paying a few extra Pesos for entrance fee? sunny

Back to top Go down
Kojak

PostSubject: Re: Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes.   Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:43 am

SwissAlps wrote:
I am sorry, but to complain as a foreigner if I have to pay 10 or 100 PHP for entrance fee I must be a real bum. It is very shameful to be confronted with statements like that. No Embarassed

Me living in a mountain ressort of Switzerland enjoying as well cheaper tickets for the skiing and cable cars. Otherwise we would as families not be able to afford to go there.

It is not only in the Philippines like that. It is all over the world. Hope that those foreigners complaining will pay their share to see the beauties of the Philippines, they were able to afford 50'000 PHP for the ticket to fly there so why not paying a few extra Pesos for entrance fee? sunny

I totally agree. A graduated admission fee is common around the world in every country. There is NOTHING "unfair" about it.
I am proud to do my share to preserve and maintain the scenic wonders of the countries I visit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes.   Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foreigners pay more,pinoys pay less for Twin lakes.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3