The Negros Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Negros Chronicle

The online community of the leading newspaper in Oriental Negros

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?

Go down 
+6
kewl:)
bisdak
lady_bird
mek
shakoy
Mek2x
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shakoy

shakoy

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 7:33 am

Shakatak wrote:
Pero sa tinu-od lang last time naku pag-anha sa Dumaguete maka-ingon pa gyud ko nga limpyo pa gihapon ang Dumaguete kompara sa laing mga banwa

in some aspect shakatak, still a nice place to stay
Back to top Go down
jazmine

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 4:33 pm

ang mga main city streets are clean ..pero kun maka abot tas mga baranggay o souk souk dha di na ..ang mga canal naa lang ...kadaghanan ang mga ma ospital tungod sa dengue, malaria..
unta pwede na tang maligo sa bolevard pero na pa man ang mga imburnal cguru hang tud sa silliman beach unta ma limpyido na ...overall clean guihapon ang dgte.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 12:09 am

maring jaz, mao nay naka ingon sa dgte, kay ang main city strets lang ang clean, abi mao lang ang sige ka kakit-an sa mga bisita, pero paglapaw ug punta naka sa mga exterior barangay, wa nah,,
Back to top Go down
Shakatak

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 4:42 am

shakoy wrote:
kewl:) wrote:
MEk Mek..... Hello there and to all who are users here. May I ask you MEk Mek? What are your guidelines of being green and the cleanest......... Cleanest? Greenest? I mean you elaborate more... Does that include the operations or procedure on what we do from the first point to the last? How about the process itself? Is it effective? How about the end process... Does it promote more good to the environment or create harm. That is for the Cleanest..... For the Greenest?? Do we have to count Trees in Dumaguete? Because as far as i know these trees have been here before you were born? Or shall we also go with is implementation? Monitoring? Caring of our Trees in the City? I dont know? Please help me? Because i have not much understanding of being the Cleanest and the Greenest specially for a city or province..... Please enlighten me....

scratch scratch scratch

Ang sabot naku clean kay limpyo gyus kay gamay r aman ang Dgte.. pero sa Green kung daghang nan-luwa ug plema diha sa street sa Dgte....kana green gyud lol!

Paesensya basig gayorn kayo atung inistoyahan nganhi
Back to top Go down
jazmine

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 5:31 am

shakoy wrote:
maring jaz, mao nay naka ingon sa dgte, kay ang main city strets lang ang clean, abi mao lang ang sige ka kakit-an sa mga bisita, pero paglapaw ug punta naka sa mga exterior barangay, wa nah,,
tinood jud ka shaks..dagko ganing mga balay dha wai man gani silay paki sa ilahang neborhood unsa pa dagway ang tua sa squatters area ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 5:59 am

mayong adlaw, shakatak ug jazmin,

murag mao man lang ang napraktis man gud sa mga tawo, liempyohan lang ang area na dali makita, kato mga sook sook was na,
Back to top Go down
Shakatak

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 6:29 am

Di lang sook-sook, sa mga baybay daghan gyud unya usahay daghan mga "time bomb" ug "land mines"
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 6:38 am

Shakatak wrote:
Di lang sook-sook, sa mga baybay daghan gyud unya usahay daghan mga "time bomb" ug "land mines"

bounce bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
Shakatak

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:46 am

But to be frank when you say clean and green...well I agree Dumaguete have meet some of the the critiria of being clean and green. Small city is easy to maintain when it comes to clean environment, but being green, I think its only part that are green and most you can find within Silliman environs and properties. There are also private properties that have enough shades but not that much. I hope DENR is also monitoring the cutting of trees within the city limits (may bala-ud man about this). I remember that they're planning to cut all the acacia tree in Silliman before, but I've learned a lot of people have opposed to the idea.

As bay Shakoy have said only in the city proper that such notion of clean and green can be seen but in the city limits not all have practiced such program. I still remember before (that was long, long, long time ago) that we have to come out from our classroom and clean the whole school surroundings including outside the school fence, and paint the stones with kalburo and anapog. How about now are they still implimenting such program (murag wala na man). Also during those days aside from Barangay we have the Purok (Tangegi, Anduhaw, Santol to name a few) that competes among themselves whose area is having the cleanest and most beautiful area (painting of bamboo fences, planting of flowering plants, etc, etc) Anyway, if some outsider will come to Dumaguete you can hear them say that indeed Dumaguete is a good city to live having a clean, green and safe environments.

For the lumads there are still a lot of rooms for improvement regarding this matter.

Just my two cents....
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:08 am

the only thing i hope for is that when dgte gears toward improvement it should not adversely affect the environment, or else, it will get worse
Back to top Go down
Shakatak

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:33 am

Well that's the price of progress.....And this is being compounded with the irresposible and undiscipline people of the metro. Adding to that the lack of initiative by the city government to improve the disposal system or create a systematic disposal system (not saying that our local official are like that this is just a foresight of the future). Right now Dumaguete can still cope up but how about in 3-5 years time?
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:39 am

maybe its the price of progress shakatak, but look at singapore, progressive yet balanced with nature.

maybe we still can cope up, in 5 years time,as long as the politicos are concerned and will be doin as what they are supposed to do
Back to top Go down
Shakatak

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:41 am

well you're right
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 1:15 am

maayo baya kaayo ato mga balaod to maintain our place, from peace and order to preserving the environment, ang blema lang kay minus ug implementation
Back to top Go down
pickled_newt

pickled_newt

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 6:06 am

shakoy wrote:
maayo baya kaayo ato mga balaod to maintain our place, from peace and order to preserving the environment, ang blema lang kay minus ug implementation
Korek ka ani bai shak. Na-ay bala-ud pero wala gi implimeto.
Ako in favour kaayu sa tree planting and preserving the greenery all over the province and our capital city.We are gradually loosing out the battle to preserve nature and the environment. Many barrio folks don't understand essence of why we have to protect the environment. Many village folks do burn their rubbish ,mostly the organic ones ,which could easily rot and decompose such as fallen dried leafy bits from trees /grass which eventually will turn into org compost.They also burn plastics which isn't good.One of the reasons of why many people remain ignorant about preserving nature because since time immemoreal,there was nothing put in the basic educational curriculum of anything related to environmental protection.Back in my time ,there was nothing about it taught .They taught about science but it's a subject too complicated and out of touch of the reality which most children can easily forget,unless one carries on with their educational pursuits ,there was far less for those who were left behind.Environmental protection subject simplified to a level in which can be easily grasp by children as part of the elementary school curriculum should be a must .The children are our future ,and when big majority of these children remain continually ignorant about the environment , then it's hard to see any bright future for this country .At present I observed many rural folks more environmentally destructive rather than protective sadly due to being naive and ignorant .What's more for the future if our govt. system, our educators,national political figures only think selfishly about themselves personal interests rather than for the good of the environment and the majority.Come the worst of time there will be nothing left for us and the generations to come .Now is the time to make serious ammends.

Part of my vacation time was alloted to organizing tree planting project in our tiny nr Dumaguete lot with many fruit trees , hardwood , flowering ornamental ,and local species of trees.When we lift we had arranged around 200 trees to be planted .I always encouraged the locals who worked in the lot not to burn the organic rubbish,rather allow natural decomposition to take place.
Back to top Go down
jazmine

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 10:57 am

kinahaglan na sila ug seminaron.. na ai lider nga hands on ..dili lang tong ga lingkud nga sulat sulat lang.. pirma pirma ug documento... action ug balaod ang kinahanglan para maka au sa atong ciudad... unta na ai maningamot ani...sayun ra kaa u tang mo basi sa atong pang observar kai nia man tas gawas nya atong nakita ang ilang pag mahal sa ilang environment dre...way may balaod sa atoa ug wala gui enforce dagway o ang fiens barato ra ... bot lang ...
pero dre sa asa ko gapuyo ug mo lafaw ko sa limit sa akong water consumption padalhan ko ug sulat..warningan ko.. ug akong guipasagdahan akong mga buhi .. kalagmitan ma preso ko .. o i fine
ug magputol ko ug kahoy mangayo ko ug permit sa council ..dli ko kapasagad...
kai na ai balaod mosunod ang tawo... basin sa ato a naay balaod ..pero wai tagad ang mga naglingkud ... kinsay motoo
cheers
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:08 pm

pickled_newt and maring jaz,

pickle_newt, its nice to hear that you have done tree planting, it really helps a lot, and will serve as an example to your neighbors and other balikbayans, i my self is planning also someday when i get home, if 90% of all OFWs will do the same as you Pickle, maybe thats the time we can still call dgte clean and green,

mari jazmin, they said its hard to teach an old dog new tricks, hihihiih
Back to top Go down
pickled_newt

pickled_newt

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Bitaw lahi ra gyud kaayu sa atua sa pinas,langkaw pa lingkud-linkud lang mga opisyal goberno,mga bulakbul way apil sa mga maayu nga pipila lang ,maihap lang sa buta .Majority may tendency mu abusar .Kay gibuhat ni Pedro, buhatun nalang sab ni Juan.

Kung may abuso ,tabun-tabunan ra,hangtud dahang abuso mahimo.Ug diri sa west kana,fine penalty o priso gyud, plastar pa ang mga nawng sa sa weekly paper , para tagam .

Hasta Dept of agriculture office sagulan ug pamulitika . Niadtu ko sa usa ka opis sa agriculture sa isa ka lungsud.Nangutana ko kun naa ba silay fruit tree seedlinga sa bisan unsa.Gi offeran ko ug Lansones,free daw kuno,pero mangayu pa ko ug signature from Barangay captain daw ug human niana gikan ni Mayor.Ingun gani tung migo nako nga bisan 60 pa ka seedlings sa seedless nga lansones.Kadtung panahuna,wala pa ko ka suroy gyud sa ubang nurseries. Akung gipa adtu akung mama ni Mrs Barangay capt nga kumari niya,pero wala kini masayud sa mudos operandi,sa pagka sunud ng adlaw.Niingun ang barangay capt nga 5 lang ka seedlings ipa despersed sa kada tawo only after the signature daw ni Mayor.Gi atay gyud,sa ka komplikado nga proseso pakigkita sa mayor para signature,dayun 5 lang ka seedlings ,usik-usik nalang sa oras .Nipalit nalang ko ug 60 ka seedless sa nursery sa Sibulan.Kining agri office nga akung gi mention dri naa sa norte kini , in fairness sa Valencia agri office nga maayu.

Didto ko naka conclude nga bisan separate nga Departamento e apil pa sa mga politiko.Ang Dept of agriculture is separate sa local govt unit ,nganung sudlan man sa mga politikonga local.Kon contra kas mayor,dli ka issuehan. Na unasa man kining systemaha.Unta kining Dept of agriculture dili magpabuyag apilan ug mga pamulitiko.Kinsa may head a agriculture branch sa lunsod,si Mayor ba? Nganung adtu man ko mangayu sa mayor?

Kitang nia sa gawas sa PINAS nakakita unsa ka HUGAW kining mga systema sa atua ,mao kini BEGINNING SA CORRUPTION ,MGA PANG LIMBUNG ,pasu-od system ,mga under de tebol ,nga dili condusive sa development.

Mao kini kara-an nga systema gi sunud ,kay hapit tanang utak sab aning nag dumala sa atung dapit perti sang ka antique na gyud, walay way of improvement ,new ideas ,new systema. Unsay na-andan pama-agi sa panahun ni mampor mao gihapoy gisunud hangtud karun.
Back to top Go down
Shakatak

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:41 am

Pero tinu-uray lang gyud limpyo pa gyud ang Dgte compare to other "buzzling" cities sa 'Pinas. Now since nga ang mga politiko nga unta sila'y manguna sa mga programa sa siyudad, kulang o wa gyud gibuhat it is now our duty as lumad to find way nga ma maintain ang syudad sa iyang status karon...Sa kada Dumaguet-non kinahanglan ang displina.
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 1:20 pm

Shakatak wrote:
Pero tinu-uray lang gyud limpyo pa gyud ang Dgte compare to other "buzzling" cities sa 'Pinas. Now since nga ang mga politiko nga unta sila'y manguna sa mga programa sa siyudad, kulang o wa gyud gibuhat it is now our duty as lumad to find way nga ma maintain ang syudad sa iyang status karon...Sa kada Dumaguet-non kinahanglan ang displina.

GO SA DIsiPLINA ta ani SHakatak,hihihihihi, hope dgte would maintain the gentleness we are proud off,
Back to top Go down
Kojak

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Clean and Green ?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:05 pm

I love Dumaguete City..... "Clean and Green?" Sorry.....

On the wall of Holy Child Hospital is a copy of the city ordinance prohibiting public urination..... it stinks from people peeing on it......like every other wall and crevasse in the city.....I asked a policeman how many citations they write for peeing in public.....he said none
..... I have seen policemen peeing in public..... they built ONE public toilet in the city.... then charge people money to use it.... millions of pesos for fiestas and parades.....but not enough money for even one free public toilet. You sit outside McDonalds not ten feet from urine soaked, fly infested soil...... clean ?
Trash..... I have yet to see one public trash can anywhere in the city..... there are some flower pots with dying flowers choked with trash.....but no trash cans..... and the ground is covered with trash..... have never seen anyone pucking up this trash..... once in awhile a store owner will come out and sweep the trash into the street.....but pick it up....NEVER

The "bosses" will do what the people demand.....you want fiestas YOU GET FIESTAS..... evidently the people do not want a clean sanitary healthy city..... because they are not demanding it

A leading member of the community started a campaign to rid schools of alcohol drink signs....bad impression on tender young minds
Yet she could care less about thousands of gallons of filthy disease ridden urine dumped around town almost daily....

For the money the city spent on pretty new retaining walls and flowers around the trees on the boulevard..... they could have installed dozens of free public urinals connected to the drainage system.... or maybe a couple of thousand trash cans
I like pretty trees but I value a clean healthy environment more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Negros Chronicle :: The Negros Chronicle forum :: General Topic-
Jump to: