The Negros Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Negros Chronicle

The online community of the leading newspaper in Oriental Negros

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?

Go down 
+6
kewl:)
bisdak
lady_bird
mek
shakoy
Mek2x
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mek2x

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-04

Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Empty
PostSubject: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 12:27 am

In your own opinion, is Dumaguete still one of the cleanest and greenest city in the Philippines?
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 1:14 am

for me.... ITS NOT!
Back to top Go down
Mek2x

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 1:25 am

shakoy wrote:
for me.... ITS NOT!

Oh! C'mon Shakoy! Gihimo na gani nako ning Topic so you can elaborate on your stand. You just don't say "ITS NOT", you elaborate and give your reasons. so then tell us, why not?
Back to top Go down
Mek2x

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 1:37 am

Well, for me, Dumaguete still is one of the cleanest and greenest city in the Philippines. One great move by our local government is the development of the water treatment facility which was installed in Quezon Park. The said facility filters the polluted waters from the market and the nearby establishments to minimize the filthy wastes going to the Rizal Blvd. irrigations.

Green, it's because Dumaguete is still covered by the gigantic acacia trees. Clean, since you don't see bunch of garbage within the streets. Do you?
Back to top Go down
Mek2x

PostSubject: Dumaguete City Public Market   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 2:33 am

In August of 2006, the Dumaguete City Public Market passed all criteria set by the Department of Trade and Industry for a Pambansang Pamilihan Award. Evaluation included the compliance of laws regarding the use of price tags, correct weighing scales, price boards, consumer welfare section, clean surroundings, trash bins with proper garbage disposal, clean comfort rooms with enough water supplies, and an existing market vendors association.

Source: http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/dumaguete-city-public-market.php
Back to top Go down
mek

mek

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:30 am

I do say Dumaguete doesn't come up to the ideals of what a highly clean city is,though it is comparatively cleaner than cebu and Manila ,mind u the size of Dgte makes a diff too from those two big cities . In terms of sanitation Dumaguete has a long way to go .

As what we have been arguing about a statement of a foreign visitor to this city 'jss' of dumagueteinfo ,this is part fo his post about trash and i do agree with this.

by jss

" TRASH: Our first impression of Duma is that it is not as "clean" as some people claim. We saw trash just about everywhere: in front of church, stores, houses... It just never fails to amaze me why people ignore the trash right in front of their own house. Maybe I am obsessive-compulsive (I am, actually), but i would have to pick it up immediately... I hardly saw public trash bins. Maybe i was expecting Duma to be somewhat similar to puerto princesa based on what people said about cleanliness, but it doesnt come anywhere near puerto princesa. I believe that clean environment leads to healthier people, both physically and mentally. And vice versa. I hope the newly elected officials make cleaniless a top priority...It really doesnt take any money or effort; its just a state of mind. WHY DONT PEOPLE JUST HOLD ON TO THE TRASH AND THROW IT IN A TRASH CAN????? DONT THEY KNOW THAT CREAMSILK SACHET (28.5million years to decompose) IS NOT SAME AS BANANA PEEL(3days to decompose)??? There is absolutely no excuse for this (oh, we are poor, so we have to throw trash in the streets...no way bozo!), nothing. Sigh,,,, "

I think this has to do with general people's attitude .If it is somebody else who carelessly drop the rubbish right in front of their houses they wont bother to pick it up, mentallity of " WHY SHOULD I " ,and if many or majority do have this mentality ,then I am sorry for Dumaguete.

True if you are living in a nice affluent area of Dgte you can see the difference ,but that doesn't represent the whole picture of Dgte.Some areas are clean,some areas are not and there you go.

I was bit down when dgte was compared to puerto princessa which they found a lot more cleaner.

Dumaguete needs to work more in making its surroundings clean .This should be done by efforts of an organize local govt. However it might need more funds to sustain the effort.Then why not impose fair residential taxation scheme .The rich or those with mega huge houses should pay a premuim tax for year ,assuming having those owners must be rich enough to pay for council tax ,down to the least poor,maybe 20 pesos/yr,that probably doesn't hurt.Houses are classifies in bands like band A,B,C,D so forth ,each band has corresponding equivalent set of tariff to pay /yr.If your house cost only 100k nipa house ,you'll little,as the value goes up the higher the council tariff. This is only an example.This would probably answer the problem of trash around dgte.All those collected annual council tax should support on going cleanliness drive etc.Give penalties to those caught throwing around their rubbish similar to Singapore ,has created people that are more disciplined and their city is almost spotless. Collecting penalties from citizens who break the rules will be another possible income generating ordinance.If properly spent ,Dgte will be relatively free of those eye sore clatters of rubbish.

Last edited by on Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:32 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
mek

mek

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:44 am

Interms of sewage oh my , that sewage system created in Rizal park can be a laughing stock.Now it gets stinky,smelly ,ofcourse it will at some point.But who's idea was it to put sewage treatment in people's park????Despite of the blah blah anearobic reaction to break down the sludge,but whatever is the explaination of it , treatment fascility like that should be built far from human habitation.Why in Rizal park,for goodness sake. Just nearby the vicinity of Mc Donald's ,give me a break. Living here in the west for a longer time now ,i haven't seen anything thing like that.Every water treatment fascility are built away from residential area .And if it's funded by USAID,are we just like guinea pigs for experimentation it if works or not ,can't think of our own,lacking sensible judgements of what is better in the least of our intelligence? And what about this treatment plant only treating water from the market,how about the water from every household of Dumaguete,from business establishments,from hospitals and what have you,where do they go,to banica river,lols or the boulevard? Ofcourse .Though it's better than none ,but this could have been planned and done better with the voice of the people!
Back to top Go down
mek

mek

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:56 am

I am saying it's NOT the end of the world for Dumaguete and criticise dgte as if it's the end of it ,there's more room for improvement if all citizens of dumaguete and those strongly affiliated to Dgte like me and you will put our acts together to push for stronger governance and action from those we put to sit on higher pedestal of public service. They need to act sooner not just sit down ,keep'on dreamin' looking up the sky for miracles to happen. Changes would not happen overnight,but i hope not put aside for maniana .
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 7:52 am

well said miss mek, baw baw baw cheers
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 7:55 am

Mek2x wrote:
shakoy wrote:
for me.... ITS NOT!

Oh! C'mon Shakoy! Gihimo na gani nako ning Topic so you can elaborate on your stand. You just don't say "ITS NOT", you elaborate and give your reasons. so then tell us, why not?

oh comom mek2x, i didnt tell you to make this thread, lol!

this is a democratic country, and i have the right to say what i see an how i see a beautiful city, if you think dumaguete is beautiful well good for you, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 8:07 am

cheers mek and mek2x, Very Happy

i think you have done you homework, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mek2x

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 7:32 pm

shakoy wrote:
Mek2x wrote:
shakoy wrote:
for me.... ITS NOT!

oh comom mek2x, i didnt tell you to make this thread, lol!

this is a democratic country, and i have the right to say what i see an how i see a beautiful city, if you think dumaguete is beautiful well good for you, Very Happy

Of course you have the right to say whatever you want to say. But it's just sad that you can't explain and elaborate your stand unlike Mek. Shucks! lol!
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 12:03 am

im sorry mek2x if cant elaborate, theres nothing to, anyway, it nice to hear pipol like you defending dumaguete. keep it up!

kindly invite other dumaguetenio to post here in NC forum, para mag sadya ta diri.

cheers,,
Back to top Go down
lady_bird

lady_bird

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 6:56 am

shakoy wrote:
im sorry mek2x if cant elaborate, theres nothing to, anyway, it nice to hear pipol like you defending dumaguete. keep it up!

kindly invite other dumaguetenio to post here in NC forum, para mag sadya ta diri.

cheers,,

Korek shakoy ,let's all try to spread the news to dumagueteneos about this forum,bitaw arun ma sadya sab.
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 7:43 am

i salute to everyone, especialy mek2x, mek and lady_bird,

naa pa gyud diay mga tawo naghigugma sa dumaguete, hihihihi

cheers,,PEACE! bounce
Back to top Go down
lady_bird

lady_bird

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 7:46 am

Shakoy ,unsa pa 'NO PLACE LIKE HOME' gyud,bisan asa ta ipadpad balik ra gihapon and we do care for Dgte.
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 7:50 am

lady_bird wrote:
Shakoy ,unsa pa 'NO PLACE LIKE HOME' gyud,bisan asa ta ipadpad balik ra gihapon and we do care for Dgte.

pero nagtan-aw ko sa imo situation lady_bird, murag unya na dagway mo kung magretire namo sa imo work usa ka uli dgte.

maayo pa gud unta to hingkuran pa usa muuli para makalingawlingaw pa ug insakto sa tawong natawhan.

anyway, ang negros makahulat kung kanus-a mo uli

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bisdak

bisdak

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 2:37 am

Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? 1058

ang tanan mo uli sa yutang natawhan bisan mo sakay pa ka ug eroplanong papel basta maka uli lang, mao na ang gugma sa mga negrense.
Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Fam24
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 7:04 am

MEk Mek..... Hello there and to all who are users here. May I ask you MEk Mek? What are your guidelines of being green and the cleanest......... Cleanest? Greenest? I mean you elaborate more... Does that include the operations or procedure on what we do from the first point to the last? How about the process itself? Is it effective? How about the end process... Does it promote more good to the environment or create harm. That is for the Cleanest..... For the Greenest?? Do we have to count Trees in Dumaguete? Because as far as i know these trees have been here before you were born? Or shall we also go with is implementation? Monitoring? Caring of our Trees in the City? I dont know? Please help me? Because i have not much understanding of being the Cleanest and the Greenest specially for a city or province..... Please enlighten me....
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:53 pm

kewl:) wrote:
MEk Mek..... Hello there and to all who are users here. May I ask you MEk Mek? What are your guidelines of being green and the cleanest......... Cleanest? Greenest? I mean you elaborate more... Does that include the operations or procedure on what we do from the first point to the last? How about the process itself? Is it effective? How about the end process... Does it promote more good to the environment or create harm. That is for the Cleanest..... For the Greenest?? Do we have to count Trees in Dumaguete? Because as far as i know these trees have been here before you were born? Or shall we also go with is implementation? Monitoring? Caring of our Trees in the City? I dont know? Please help me? Because i have not much understanding of being the Cleanest and the Greenest specially for a city or province..... Please enlighten me....

scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:46 pm

YEs Shakoy!!! HEhehehehhe. I am only asking her. Because i dont know really what she is talking about also. How can i elaborate more if we have no established guidelines where in we can base to......
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:54 am

YEs Shakoy!!! HEhehehehhe. I am only asking her. Because i dont know really what she is talking about also. How can i elaborate more if we have no established guidelines where in we can base to......

tinood gyud ka kewl;)

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:09 am

MEK MEK ayaw kalagot baya nako ha!!! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 11:24 am

MEK MEK ayaw kalagot baya nako ha!!! lol! lol! lol!

wala man lagutay dri kewl, everybody has something to say, ask, share ideas and perceptions, for sure dili na maglagot nimo si mek mek

cheerss
Back to top Go down
Shakatak

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 1:06 am

Pero sa tinu-od lang last time naku pag-anha sa Dumaguete maka-ingon pa gyud ko nga limpyo pa gihapon ang Dumaguete kompara sa laing mga banwa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?   Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinion: Is Dumaguete still a Clean and Green City?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next