The Negros Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Negros Chronicle

The online community of the leading newspaper in Oriental Negros

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dumaguete Fiesta

Go down 
+5
lady_bird
pickled_newt
shakoy
jazmine
boybisaya
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boybisaya

boybisaya

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:25 pm

There was always chaos when the City Fiesta comes. The traffic, people from the different towns, Street Parades, Lechon and Fat laden food everywhere. I miss those days. I hope to join the Dumaguete Fiesta Celebration one of this days. bounce
Back to top Go down
jazmine

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 4:31 pm

unsa mai highlights sa fiesta >>mostly parades unta na ai ma a u nga actvities para sa mga tawo >> tanan ma ka participar para fud malipay ang mga residente sa dumaguete hope lang ang mga organizers na ai maa ung mga ideya to give back to the residents who voted for pipol nga naa sa posisyon karun >>>para sa mga batan on sa mga gulang gulang ug para sa mga kabataan para sa tanan
daghang salamat
jazmine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
boybisaya

boybisaya

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 7:54 pm

Yes I do agree with you. It should be by the people and for the people. The Fiesta already has some political flavors, for some its a time for politicing to make sure people get to know them when election time comes. Pero what is important is for everybody enjoy since it only happens once a year, pasagdi na lang ng mga poltico its the spirit that counts... cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
boybisaya

boybisaya

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 7:55 pm

Yes I do agree with you. It should be by the people and for the people. The Fiesta already has some political flavors, for some its a time for politicing to make sure people get to know them when election time comes. Pero what is important is for everybody enjoy since it only happens once a year, pasagdi na lang ng mga poltico its the spirit that counts... cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 4:56 am

the city administrators, from city mayor down to the councilor and other few selected people who help run the city are all oldies, its really hard for them to think some unique ways of celebrating our city fiesta, they will always just follow what has been done on the previous year,(to make it easier), that is why we from dgte are already bored on its activities,

i hope they can think of better things or activities this coming fiesta, NO MORE TRADITIONAL celebrations,

pagmata mayor ug mga konsehal! abtik lang kung naa chicks,,hehhehehe
Back to top Go down
pickled_newt

pickled_newt

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 4:19 am

Lingaw man sab tas imong line shakoy,you got the point ! We need new creative and brilliant minds for the new Dumaguete on the rise. I am sure new trained minds will come up with new fresh ideas that suit our times and the needs of Dumaguete .However , let's give the traditional politicians some leeway to improve their services and creativity. I hope the people of Dumaguete and the province will realize we can't continue to stay on with traditional politics. With the police still sluggish in battling crimes is my prime concern at the moment and the local government seem not giving a dime of attention to intervene against this ever growing problem of Dumaguete :RISING CRIME ACTIVITIES.

The police should need siminars and new trainings to expose them to new approaches and schemes in battling crimes.Mr Carlos should not rely entirely of his own experiences and trainings to battle crimes and specifically for the SWAT unit. In this modern world people in public service have to update from time to time to new ways and strategies, not always reliant from what had been introduce 5 or 10 yrs ago .

Mr Carlos the head of the PNP should indeed CRY for more budget (MONEY) to upgrade the policing system for new dumaguete,recruit more police units and should be backed up the local government.Imagine dumaguete having only 80 policemen for its over 100,000 residents and during daytime peak hours estimates dumaguete will reach 400,000 + ,some even said will reach more than 500,000 people roaming around streets of Dumaguete.

So how did the local government address this surge of people with reference to police numbers.This is indeed bothering me as one concerned citizen of Negros and Dumaguete.They need to act now before it's too late.

New creative minds with brilliant ideas for a modern Dumaguete are what we all need!
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:05 pm

pickled_newt, i think dumaguetenio have already given enough time for these TRAPO, most of them have re-run and have been serving the city quite sometime, i cant even count their accomplishment because its too few to count, can you count? if they are proud that they have replaced the asphalted road to cement, then they are wrong because its not worth being proud off, we deserve to have that good road because we pay road tax, we cant even hardly see any visible improvements. how about the councilors legislation? WALAY AYO kay they just make it just for the SAKE of making!

i'm with you with regards to CRIME prevention, our POLICE really needs new inputs on crime prevention, solution, investigation, intelligence gathering, laws, i don't think its have for them to invite US, Australian or British police who are among worlds leading police agency to train them. and i don't think money is a problem with them, its just a matter of asking where did they put their budget? you cannot deny that our local businessmen give them protection budget monthly, they even receive office supplies and equipments, where does it goes? i was even teaching this policemen before on how to use the computer to their advantage. with my current job right now, i can seen new techniques on police trainings, i work with more than 100 former US & German police officers, battle hardened US marines, navy and army, we do POLICE TRAININGS, that is why i can clearly see the difference on how our police are doing their policing.

but anyway, i just hope Carlos can think of better system to minimize criminalities plus the cooperation of the local people.

as what you have said, we need creative minds,they have to learn new tricks.

i just hope also that this coming fiesta will be a different, no more lavish spending on parade and what so ever, use the money to build more houses for the squatters, let corporate/business sector does the sponsorship and the spending on the activities, they're the ones who are the direct beneficiaries of these activities.

who we can invite more dumaguetenio bloggers here

cheers
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 4:24 am

i hope someone in here that has an active city life can post here activities or events happening prior to dumaguete fiesta or during fiesta week celebration.

CHEERS gentle People!
Back to top Go down
pickled_newt

pickled_newt

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 8:01 am

For us who are long way away, would be enormously delighted to see even just simple photos back home of the city of gentle people,bisan hanap maayu kay sa wala gyud,;-D,Shhhh hapit na ra bang Dgte fiesta .
So peps show us your photos,kon fiesta mas maayu.
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:55 am

testing lang ni ug butang pic sa rixal boulebard and lugar na kanunay laagan

Dumaguete Fiesta Dgte10
Back to top Go down
lady_bird

lady_bird

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-17

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:01 pm

Thanks for the nice photo shakoy, wow boulevard jud.
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 11:41 pm

lady_bird wrote:
Thanks for the nice photo shakoy, wow boulevard jud.

lady_bird,

mangahuy sa ko ug laing pic sa dgte, especially kana festival. den basin pud naa ko makit-an video kay ato sulayan ug post diri para maka nowshowing ang ubang mga bisaya
Back to top Go down
lady_bird

lady_bird

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-17

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 10:26 am

shakoy ,wow boulevard of broken dreams man gyud lols.I can't wait to try the tempura sa boulevard ,they said it's nice kuno.Hala pangahuy pa ug pics shaks,maayu nalang na sud-ungun natung mga nia sa lagyo napadpad. Laughing
Back to top Go down
dgtegirl

dgtegirl

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 12:02 am

Dumaguete Fiesta BellTower2
Bell Tower sa Cathedral Church
Dumaguete Fiesta Cathedral1
Inside the renovated Cathedral Church (mura mag Italian church, no?)
Back to top Go down
http://etrainstation.com/
pickled_newt

pickled_newt

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 2:22 am

Nice pictures dgtegirl,thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 6:09 am

kumusta sa tanan,,

dgtegirl, murag taga daguete gyud ka,hehehe, tsada kaayo pics imo gi psot, parang pro ang kuha, keep posting..
Back to top Go down
dgtegirl

dgtegirl

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 12:44 pm

shakoy wrote:
kumusta sa tanan,,

dgtegirl, murag taga daguete gyud ka,hehehe, tsada kaayo pics imo gi psot, parang pro ang kuha, keep posting..

Born and raised jud intawon (Flores clan) and proud of it!! Mo uli man ko yearly...pero this year ni upgrade na mi ug tsada2 nga digital, mao nang tsada ang outcome sa pics!! Naa pa man ko lain mga pics sa photobucket pero more of like Bahura resort. Ug ganahan mo, I can post those also!
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 1:54 am

dgtegirl wrote:
shakoy wrote:
kumusta sa tanan,,

Born and raised jud intawon (Flores clan) and proud of it!! Mo uli man ko yearly...pero this year ni upgrade na mi ug tsada2 nga digital, mao nang tsada ang outcome sa pics!! Naa pa man ko lain mga pics sa photobucket pero more of like Bahura resort. Ug ganahan mo, I can post those also!

i would be nice miss dgtegirl of you could post those pics, maayo pud lamang makakita mi ana unsa hitsura sa BAHURA.

from what place man nga flores clan? naa man gud ko classmate saona nga flores, dool ila balay sa southsea resort.
Back to top Go down
pickled_newt

pickled_newt

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 11:03 am

Hala hurot ug poste all your nice pics here dgte girl,arun kita mi...may nalang na sud ungun tambal sa kamingaw sa payag hahaha. Laughing
Back to top Go down
dgtegirl

dgtegirl

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:04 pm

shakoy wrote:

from what place man nga flores clan? naa man gud ko classmate saona nga flores, dool ila balay sa southsea resort.

Dumaguete Flores jud!! Daghan man mi kaayo...kanang uban wala na gani ko kaila!! Basta ag original jung nga Flores, labot si Father Eking, iyang Lola ug akong Lola igsoon...si Dindo Generoso pod (lola pod sister sa akong lola)...kaning pamilyaha ga sugod ug 13 siblings (usa ka girl) and then ni kalat na after...ag mga Flores sa Cambagroy, Piapi, Orchids, Mangga, Silliman Ave, San Juan St...ada, tanan, hahaha!!
Back to top Go down
dgtegirl

dgtegirl

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:05 pm

pickled_newt wrote:
Hala hurot ug poste all your nice pics here dgte girl,arun kita mi...may nalang na sud ungun tambal sa kamingaw sa payag hahaha. Laughing

Akong gi post diri: https://negchron.forumotion.com/The-Negros-Chronicle-forum-c1/Festivals-f5/More-Pics-t26.htm
..mao jud, tambal sa kamingaw!
Back to top Go down
jazmine

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: pics   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 7:02 pm

mao ra ni akong i ka share kai nawala akong mga pictyur morag sa julngan ni sya tung ga salaag ko ang usa aksidente sa sibulan /amlan area gud day all
Back to top Go down
jazmine

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 7:04 pm

inutil jud ko wa gale ma apil ang pics sorry ha usob na fud ta ani
hehehehe graveh ang gulang na nu hahahaha cheers
jaz
Back to top Go down
shakoy

shakoy

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 4:58 am

jazmine, taga julngan ka? naa baya ko ante pud diha, sa Mckinley ila balay,kana atbang sa eskwelahan,

den naa pud ko nakaila taga hawaii sya naa gapuyo usa sa mga subdivision diha, nalimot lang ko unsa to ngalan,AKANA apilido hilig ug sabong.
Back to top Go down
jazmine

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 3:31 am

suroy lang d2 taga jima akong papa pero naa akong lola na ai balay sa lupa karun tua na sila sa sementeryo kanang naa sa bag-o nga bagacay
hehehe salaag ko kun asa padulong ang ceres uban ko basta na ai ika bayad hehehehhe
gud evening all
mai Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dumaguete Fiesta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumaguete Fiesta   Dumaguete Fiesta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumaguete Fiesta
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next